Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week 13 (23rd July - July 29th)

  • Learning the Wikidata Query Services (WDQS) and SPARQL. Experimentation is done here: Wikidata Query Service (WDQS).
  • Created a Google doc as instructed by my mentors to draft a blog post for the project. The link to the Doc can be found here: Blog post draft.
  • Thinking and sampling trigger Ideas with the mentors to find the right one to implement for Wikidata using the WDQS and the flask app. So far, we have a list of these trigger ideas:
    • Notify me whose birth days is today.
    • Notify me when today is a public holiday (we can decide for particular countries) e.g. Notify me when today is a public holiday in the US
    • Notify me when my favorite author releases a new book.
  • Working on the blog post draft on Google docs and developed on the following sections;
    • What is Google Summer of Code?
    • Why did I apply for GSoC?
    • Why the Wikimedia Foundation?
    • How has the development of my project looked like?
    • Request for help from community members on my project
    • Appreciation and Thanks to my mentors and the Wikimedia Foundation
  • More work on the blog post and addition of content to the various sections
    • My recommendations for anyone to participate in GSoC/Wikimedia and Why?
    • What I did not anticipate that will happen during GSoC?

No comments:

Post a Comment